PORTAL RASMI
JABATAN PERDANA MENTERI
AGENSI PENGURUSAN BENCANA NEGARA

Program dan Aktiviti

Putra Heights fire: Technical reported expected to be completed on June 26

SHAH ALAM (June 4): The technical report related to the gas pipeline explosion and fire incident in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya on April 1, is expected to be completed by June 26.

Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the investigation report will also be aligned with the results of the criminal investigation before being made public.

“We cannot release our criminal investigation now because we need to combine it with the technical investigation as there are still areas that need to be identified from the criminal investigation,” he said when met after an e-Bike Handover Ceremony at the Selangor Police Contingent headquarters here yesterday.

He said the technical investigation under the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) also covers the integrity of the pipes, ground movement, and determines whether any activities in the area exert pressure on the gas pipeline.

On May 27, Selangor police chief Datuk Hussein Omar Khan said the police as well as the DOSH investigation reports regarding the gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights are expected to be released by the end of June.

Hussein said the police investigation also covering aspects of negligence or sabotage, had been completed, and they are waiting for the DOSH to complete their investigation.

The Petronas gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights at 8.10 am on April 1 saw flames reaching heights of over 30 metres (m) with temperatures reaching 1,000 degrees Celsius, taking nearly eight hours to extinguish, and causing a 9.8 m-deep crater at the incident site. – Bernama

Teenager hurt by falling tree in storm-hit Pantai Kemasin

KOTA BHARU: A 15-year-old boy was injured after being hit by a falling tree in a storm that struck the area near Pantai Kemasin, Bachok at 7.40 pm yesterday.

Bachok police chief Supt Mohamad Ismail Jamaluddin said the teenager was then rushed to the Universiti Sains Malaysia (HUSM) Specialist Hospital in Kubang Kerian.

“The victim is currently receiving treatment at the HUSM Yellow Zone due to injuries to his head and body.

“From initial investigations, the victim was at the beach resort with his family when a big storm suddenly struck, before a tree fell and hit him,“ he told Bernama today.

The storm in the evening at Pantai Kemasin caused several trees to topple and hit motorcycles and cars.
 
 

Spain records highest May temperature on record

BARCELONA: Mainland Spain experienced its hottest May day ever on Friday, with the average temperature surpassing 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit), national weather agency AEMET said on Monday.

The average temperature across the country hit 24.08C, breaking the previous record for the month of 23.73C set on May 21, 2022, according to provisional data from the agency.

“This was the hottest day for a month of May across mainland Spain since the beginning of the data series in 1950,“ AEMET wrote on social media.

The average temperature on Saturday reached 23.91C, making it the second-hottest May day on record.

A mass of hot air moving north from Africa pushed temperatures in some areas of Spain more than 10C above normal for the time of the year.

Temperatures exceeded 40C in parts of southern region of Andalusia.

While unusual, this is not the first time Spain has experienced exceptionally high May temperatures. Similar events occurred in 2015 and 2022, AEMET said.

“This reflects a scenario where summer-like conditions are arriving earlier and more frequently, even before spring has ended,“ said AEMET spokesperson Ruben del Campo.

Scientists say climate change driven by human activity is increasing the length, frequency and intensity of extreme weather events such as heatwaves.

The last three years have been the hottest on record in Spain, which is emerging from a years-long drought.

 

Tragedi Kuari Cirebon: Satu lagi mayat mangsa ditemukan

Jakarta: Satu lagi mayat mangsa kejadian tanah runtuh di kuari batu Gunung Kuda, Jawa Barat ditemukan, menjadikan jumlah kematian akibat tragedi itu kini adalah 20 orang, menurut agensi bencana Indonesia pada Isnin.

Mangsa, seorang lelaki berusia 51 tahun dari kampung Girinata di daerah kecil Dukuputang ditemukan pasukan penyelamat kira-kira 10.30 pagi waktu tempatan, kata jurucakap Badan Nasional Pengurusan Bencana (BNPB), Abdul Muhari.

"Lima orang masih hilang dan operasi mencari dan menyelamat diteruskan," katanya dalam satu kenyataan.

Tanah runtuh yang melanda kuari batu kapur di Kabupaten Cirebon pada 30 Mei lepas menyebabkan puluhan pekerja tertimbus di bawah runtuhan batu.

Pihak berkuasa tempatan mengisytiharkan darurat dari 30 Mei hingga 6 Jun, dengan pasukan polis, tentera dan penyelamat berganding bahu dalam operasi menyelamat.

BNPB turut menggesa pasukan penyelamat mengutamakan aspek keselamatan susulan kebimbangan akan berlaku runtuhan susulan, manakala penduduk berhampiran kawasan terjejas dinasihatkan agar berwaspada dan menjauhi lokasi kejadian.

 

Putra Heights fire victims seek extension of temporary aid

PETALING JAYA: Victims of the gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, are hoping that temporary aid, such as rental homes, cars and motorcycles previously provided by various parties, can be extended, as some of the assistance has recently expired.

Two months after the incident on April 1, some victims are now in a quandary as they are required to return the aid.

Mohamad Nasir Ab Hamid, 69, a resident of Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru who was affected by the incident, said his family is currently staying in a small house near their original home with rental support for three months while waiting for their house to be repaired.

"My house was deemed a total loss, with an estimated repair cost of RM150,000, but to this day, the appointed contractor has yet to begin work," he told Bernama when met in the housing estate today.

Mohamad Nasir said the temporary vehicle he received after the incident was also returned last month when the loan period ended.

 

"For daily errands, if I need a car, I use a Kancil that I've slowly repaired bit by bit. We're not looking for luxury — just a car that can serve our everyday needs," said the father of nine.

Regarding the repair works on his home, Mohamad Nasir said that for now, his family is trying to carry on with life as usual and understands that it will take time, as many other homes were also destroyed in the incident.

"When the contractor starts the repairs, I want to see how they will go about it and what the situation will be like, because we've yet to be informed how the process will be carried out," he said.

Meanwhile, his wife, Aliyah Ismail, 55, said she was grateful for the assistance received but hoped that cash compensation would also be provided to help victims, especially those left homeless, sustain their livelihoods.

Previously a catering business operator, she now sells traditional cakes and snacks, earning between RM20 and RM30 a day to help cover daily expenses, in addition to financial support from her children.

Aliyah said that so far, apart from receiving vouchers for electronic goods and other aid, her family has only been informed of assistance for home repairs.

"As of now, we haven't heard anything about compensation — only about home repairs. Compensation should be given. We have no money, no income. Rental is expensive.

"Goods are expensive too, and to restart my catering business, I need to buy a lot of supplies and equipment because everything was destroyed in the fire," she said.

The gas pipeline fire saw flames shoot more than 30 metres high, with temperatures reaching 1,000 degrees Celsius. Firemen took nearly eight hours to fully extinguish the blaze.

Eighty-one homes were destroyed, suffering structural damage exceeding 40 per cent, another 81 were partially destroyed, 57 were affected but not burnt, while 218 homes were unaffected in the fire.– BERNAMA

 

 

Penafian
Kerajaan Malaysia dan Agensi Pengurusan Bencana Negara (NADMA) tidak bertanggungjawab di atas kehilangan atau kerosakan disebabkan penggunaan mana-mana maklumat yang diperolehi daripada laman web ini.
Hubungi Kami
Agensi Pengurusan Bencana Negara (NADMA),
Jabatan Perdana Menteri,
Aras B1, 6 dan 7, Setia Perkasa 5,
Kompleks Setia Perkasa,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62502 WP Putrajaya

T: +603 8870 4800
F: +603 8870 4848
E: admin@nadma.gov.my
G: 2.937323, 101.704762
Statistik Pengunjung

Search