OFFICIAL PORTAL
PRIME MINISTER'S DEPARTMENT
NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AGENCY

News

Putra Heights explosion report now with federal government: Amirudin

Putra Heights explosion report now with federal government: Amirudin

KUALA LUMPUR – The Selangor State Government has forwarded the investigation report on the Putra Heights gas pipeline explosion in Subang Jaya to the federal government, following its completion by the Independent Committee last month.

Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said the submission came after the committee presented its findings to the state authorities, Bernama reported.

“In the past month, I have submitted it to the federal government (now) just waiting for feedback. If there is feedback, I will submit it (to the public),” he said during a press conference at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), where he officiated the Siswa Kita Selangor South Zone Roadshow.

Amirudin was responding to questions regarding the status of the Independent Committee’s report. He added that public disclosure of the report would follow once federal approval is received.

According to him, the findings could serve as a reference to prevent similar incidents in the future and guide necessary follow-up measures.

The eight-member Independent Committee was chaired by Dr Khamarrul Azahari Razak, a senior research fellow at the Disaster Prevention and Preparedness Centre (DPPC) of the Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology (MJIIT), UTM.

Amirudin previously noted that the panel, endorsed by the State Executive Council (MMKN), comprised professionals with expertise in slopes, hills, and oil and gas matters. They had also reviewed technical reports issued by the police, fire brigade, and the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DSHH).

The explosion on April 1 last year affected 1,254 people from 308 families, destroying 87 houses and causing damage to another 148 properties. – May 16, 2026

Disclaimer
The Government of Malaysia and the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the usage of any information obtained from this website.
Hubungi Kami
Agensi Pengurusan Bencana Negara (NADMA),
Jabatan Perdana Menteri,
Aras B1, 6 dan 7, Setia Perkasa 5,
Kompleks Setia Perkasa,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62502 WP Putrajaya

T: +603 8870 4800
F: +603 8870 4848
E: admin@nadma.gov.my
G: 2.937323, 101.704762
Statistik Pengunjung

Search